I felt like posting a new albums of the year list for a change.
Friendly reminder: I’m releasing my yearly lists once they include at least 20 albums which a 2.5 rating or higher. After publication, I will update said list once it has at least 10 new entries.
1991 was an incredible music year in my opinion. I didn’t experience that myself as I was born in January 1991, barely able to understand the concept of „me“. It’s tempting to write how it’s such a shame to not have been young in the 90s and seeing (and hearing) the rise of Grunge or Hip-Hop first hand. Then again, being a teenager in the 2000s wasn’t too bad either – at least from a music point of view.
It shouldn’t be surprising that „Nevermind“ by Nirvana is on number 1. Don’t trust any list where it isn’t.
- Nirvana – Nevermind | 5.0
- Massive Attack – Blue Lines | 4.5
- A Tribe Called Quest – The Low End Theory | 4.5
- Swans – White Light From The Mouth Of Infinity | 4.5
- Gang Starr – Step In The Arena | 4.0
- Hole – Pretty On The Inside | 3.5
- 2Pac – 2Pacalapyse Now | 3.5
- Fugazi – Steady Diet Of Nothing | 3.5
- Pixies – Trompe Le Monde | 3.5
- Nightmares On Wax – A Word Of Science | 3.5
- Crowded House – Woodface | 3.5
- Sepultura – Arise | 3.0
- Blur – Leisure | 3.0
- Pennywise – Pennywise | 3.0
- Kyuss – Wretch | 3.0
- Dismember – Like An Ever Flowing Stream | 3.0
- Monster Magnet – Spine Of God | 2.5
- The Smashing Pumpkins | 2.5
- OMD- Sugar Tax | 2.5
- NOFX – Ribbed | 2.5